Pages

Tuesday 7 December 2021

Year 10 Writing Porfulio

Today we are linking all our work and assessment for this year in English, we have to put it in our blog and edit it so that when people gonna see my blog post they can read it properly. Adding my favourite writing work in a blog post. I can see my improvement in writing skills when it's my first assessment and my last assessment.


Narrative Scene Story


He emerges from his wildfire house and watches the flames consume it; the shock of losing his home cause him to reflect on what truly happened. The fire is all over around his house. He can’t go inside the house and get the things that he needed. If he goes back inside the house and gets the things he needs, he dies and burns himself.

He rapidly got his phone call from the fire station. He can feel his face burning and hands that never get rid of it. He said to himself that ‘’lucky there is no house besides in my house because if there, the fire will spread out into another home, it will get worst.

While he was standing and looking at the fire burning his house. He thinks about her things inside the home that he spends a lot of money on it, like a computer, Refrigerator, Coach, Tv and more other things. He feels disappointed and shameless himself about how the fire causes. His eyes were full of tears and anger.

The fire truck arrives at the location. Fireman asks him how does the fire causes because the fire is big and it’s all over the house. The guy said ‘’I leave the oven to turn on while I was cooking a scrambled egg. I went to the bathroom then came back to the fire all over the kitchen. I have to run to the door and get out’’. It says it takes more than 20 minutes to get rid of the fire. He went back to the house. Things are burned and turn black.

He said to himself, ‘’Lucky I put my credit card and my phone in my pocket before. I  left the house. I still have money, but not enough to buy a new home and buy things for my home. So he decided to withdraw all the money in his bank account and rent a house. The guy who lost a home because of the fire was fast, runs like a cheetah who hunts gazelles for food.


Close Viewing Assessment

Body Paragraph 1

In this scene, the director uses mid-shot effectively. The director uses mid-shot to show PK and Gideon were galloping on the road. The purpose of this was to show PK and Gideon emotions and their faces, and how sweaty they are galloping. This Techniques creator impact help me to see that they both were really hyped and had the power to gallop in the road. This technique is justified with the scene where PK and Gideon were galloping the road with the sunlight and they both have the strength and as we can see they both look tired on their faces.

Body Paragraph 2

In this scene, the director uses full shots effectively. The director uses mid-shot to show that Piet was teaching some boxing skills to PK. The purpose of this was to show PK that He really wanted to learn some boxing skills. These techniques creator impacts help me to see that they both want to befriend and get close to each other and Piet really wanted to help PK to be a pro boxing player. This technique was justified with the scene where Piet helped and taught PK to be a pro boxing player. They both communicate with each other and work as a team. They both look powerful and strong.

Body Paragraph 3

In this scene, the director uses midshot effectively. The director uses mid-shot to show that Piet was teaching some boxing skills to PK. The purpose of this was to show PK that He really wanted to learn some boxing skills. These techniques creator impacts help me to see that they both want to befriend and get close to each other and Piet really wanted to help PK to be a pro boxing player. This technique was justified with the scene where Piet helped and taught PK to be a pro boxing player. They both communicate with each other and work as a team. They both look powerful and strong.

Term 4 English Essay


Introduction:

In the short text ‘’A Game of Cards’’ by Witi Ihimaera, the story was about Nani Miro who loves playing cards. The narrator writes, ‘’Nani Miro was always at what was called ‘the top table’, reserved for the best player’’. She and Mrs Heta were the unrivalled champions and when it came to cards Mrs Heta, whose first name is Maka, was both Nani Miro's best friend and worst enemy in a game of cards. A memorable idea in this story was when Nani Miro and Mrs Heta played cards together. This was memorable to me because when they played cards they were staring at each other and saying ‘You the cheat, not me! ' and Nani Miro said ``I saw you, Maka Tiko bum, I saw you sneaking that card from under the blanket. Another memorable idea to me was when Nani Miro was dying because all of Nani Miro's family, friends and mates were crowded close around her bed and that time was Nani Miro playing cards with Mrs Heta, while Nani Miro was laughing she died. Another memorable idea to me was when Mrs Heta died because she was buried next to Nani Miro so even though they previously died they could still keep playing a game of cards.

Body Paragraph:

One reason why the idea of Mrs heta dying was memorable to me, was that it showed me that Mrs Heta was buried near to Nani Miro, so they could still keep playing a game of cards and calling each other a cheater. We see this in the next when Nani Miro died and buried her on the hill, and Mrs Heta spreading the cards on her caskets, the narrator writes, “Later in the year, Mrs Heta, she died too. She was buried right next to Nani Miro so that they could keep playing cards' '. This means that when someone dies all the family members, and relatives gather together and have time to talk to family members and relatives. The message I take away from this is that when a family member died, it’s hard to forget all the memories that he spend with you and your family, and you just need to receive it even its hard, life is like a flower when the flower dies, suddenly it will grow new flowers, it's similar to a human when someone died they will go to a different life, and make a new life. In the Philippines when someone dies, and they miss the person, they will go to the cemetery and bring flowers for the person, and put them beside the grave. When my grandfather died and I miss him I always go to the cemetery and visit him and talk to him, even though he previously died. It just shows that when you miss someone you can talk to them about life.


Another reason why the idea of Nani Miro and Mrs Heta playing cards together was memorable to me it’s because when Nani Miro and Mrs Heta play against each other in a game of cards, they always call each other a cheater. We see this in the text when Nani Miro was dying and all the family and relatives came to Nani Miro house and played cards. When Nani Miro and Mrs Heta play cards they call each other a cheater, the narrator writes ‘’Nani and Mrs Heta started squabbling as they always did and pointing at each other and saying ‘’you the cheat not me’’. This means that even the opponent is in A Game of Cards, but in real life they are friends. It doesn’t mean if you are an enemy in a game, your enemy in real life, it’s just a game, don't take it seriously that you and your friend have to break friendship because of the game, but the most important thing is you have a friend that you can talk to and support you. The information I take away from this is in A Game of Cards, they are enemy but in real life, they are friends it just means that both of them are good at playing cards, that’s why both of them is never a  friend in-game of cards, that’s why they are enemies and call each other a cheater. Sometimes game makes you and your friend break friendship because the game, is like make you addicted to it and you wanna win all the time,  but if you play a match with your friend you and your friend will compete and do something that makes you or him win the game, and it can break your friendship while versing each other.

The final reason why the idea of Nani Miro dying was memorable to me is that all of Nani Miro's friends and family members went to Nani Miro house and they are all crowded in Nani Miro bed. We see this in the text when Nani Tama calls up dad and tells him that Nani Miro was dying, the narrator writes, “Your Whaea, Nani Miro, she’s dying”. This means that when family members hear that their family members are dying, they will gather together and it shows love to Nani Miro, and how important she is in their family. This message reminds me that when a family member is dying, you need to be there so that before she dies, she can see her family members. When someone died, you just need to go there and talk to her and support her to his last day in the world, that reminds me of my grandfather who died from a stroke, and I was there in the hospital taking care of him, My grandfather who always take cares of me when I am sick, so it's sorry for me that he already died, but there is no such thing that people cannot die, it’s hard for me to forget my grandfather’s memories when he was alive.

Conclusion:

In the text “A Game of Cards,’’ a memorable idea to me was that when Nani Miro was dying. This was memorable to me because when Nani Miro is dying, all his family members and friend have gathered them Nani Miro bed, it showed me how important is Nani Miro in their family when they heard that Nani Miro is dying,  they all came to Nani Miro house and see her. Of all their reasons, the most important thing is how we should spend our time with our family and friends. If we don’t spend time with them we don’t know what is going to happen and we are going to regret why we didn’t spend more time with them when they are alive. For example, the narrator in ‘’A Game of Cards’’ doesn’t go very often to Nani Miro house. When he discovers that Nani Miro is dying, this is the only time he comes and sees Nani Miro. Spending more time with family and friends, and not taking life seriously.













No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.