Pages

Tuesday 21 September 2021

Reflection section

Text Title:  Tokyo Olympics - British sprinters positive drug test confirmed, set to lose silver medal

Chijindu Ujah was part of Great British quartet that won silver in the men's 4x100m relay final at the Tokyo Olympics.Text Type: Article

Text Creator: Ben Bloom

Date: Tue, Sep 2021

Critical literacy question:  What does the author of this text want us to know?

The author of this text wants us to know about the Tokyo Olympics where the British set to lose Tokyo 2020 relay silver after  Ujah drug positive confirmed. International Olympic Committee rules state: Where the athlete who has committed an anti-doping rule violation competed as a member of a relay team, the relay team should be disqualified from the event in question, with all resulting consequences for the relay team, including the forfeiture of all titles, awards, medals, points and prize and appearance money.

Ujah reacted to news of his failed test last month, saying "I am completely shocked and devastated by this news. To be absolutely clear, I am not a cheat and I have never and would never knowingly take a banned substance. I love my sport and I know my responsibility both as an athlete and as a teammate. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello JV I really liked your blog post about the Tokyo Olympics and I liked how. You added good information about Ujah that returned with drug positive. And how he had reacted to the news talking about him I also liked how you added a picture of him so we know who he looks like this is a good blog post keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JV,

    I really like your blog post about Ujah testing positive for drugs. You've added brief information on what happened and what Ujah said after getting testing positive. You have answered the critical literacy question really well. Next time, you should include the source you got the information from. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.